The minor in meteorology may provide an enriching curricular enhancement to students studying a related science. The minor is not restricted to science majors.
Admission to the Program
Any undergraduate student can declare this minor. Interested students are strongly encouraged to have an Earth Sciences faculty member as a minor advisor.
The meteorology minor requires a minimum of 18 credits.
- ESC 211 Introduction to Meteorology
- ESC 311 Synoptic Meteorology I
- 10 credits by advisement from:
- ESC 312 Synoptic Meteorology II
- ESC 313 Environmental Climatology
- ESC 314 Environmental Climatology Lab
- ESC 332 Air and Water Pollution
- ESC 390 Intermediate Meteorological Analysis
- ESC 415 Physical Meteorology
- ESC 416 Thermodynamics and the Boundary Layer
- ESC 417 Dynamic Meteorology
- ESC 420 Radar and Satellite Meteorology
- ESC 432 Tropical Meteorology
- ESC 452 Mesoscale Meteorology
- ESC 462 Hydrometeorology
- ESC 477 Storm Chasing
- ESC 490 Advanced Meteorological Analysis