Main Page Content
Delta College is an innovative learning community that attracts adventurous students who want to experience the world of higher education differently - in a more personalized, interdisciplinary and experiential manner. All majors and certification programs offered at SUNY Brockport are compatible with Delta College. Enrollment is approximately 75 students per year. Prospective students complete a supplemental application online in addition to SUNY Brockport’s application. Chartered in 1973, Delta College is unique within the SUNY system.
Delta College Advantages
- Small classes that emphasize active learning through individual and collaborative projects.
- Devoted faculty members from different academic disciplines who are committed to interactive teaching & learning.
- A fulltime academic / experiential learning advisor who helps all Delta student customize their educational plans.
- A series of coordinated, interdisciplinary courses that integrate knowledge areas, professional competencies, creative and critical thinking, as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Separate classrooms, lounge and computer lab for Delta students.
- Annual events that celebrate and demonstrate Delta College’s community and diversity.
- Multiple opportunities for career / professional development through coursework, practicums and the culminating Delta Capstone.
- Time-shortened degree option that enables some majors to graduate in three years with 99 instead of 120 credits completed.
Delta College Curriculum
- DCC 100 Delta Orientation (3 credits)
- DCC 210 Human Heritage 1 (3 credits)
- DCC 215 Society & Culture (3 credits)
- DCC 220 Aesthetic Expression (3 credits)
- DCC 245 Professional Development Seminar 1 (3 credits)
- DCC 230 Scientific Exploration (3 credits)
- DCC 235 Experiential Learning Practicum 1 (2 credits)
- DCC 310 Human Heritage 2 (Prerequisite: DCC 210) (3 credits)
- DCC 315 Global Development (Prerequisite: DCC 215) (3 credits)
- DCC 320 Arts in Society (3 credits)
- DCC 330 Scientific Experimentation & Research (4 credits)
- DCC 445 Professional Development Seminar 2 (3 credits)
- DCC 355 Experiential Learning Practicum 2 (2 credits)
- DCC 400 Interdisciplinary Studies Seminar (3 credits)
- DCC 410 Professional Development Seminar 3 (2 credits)
- DCC 420 Delta Capstone (12 credits)
Academic Major Options
Delta College students may choose any major offered at SUNY Brockport. The number of credits or time required to complete a degree will depend upon the major selected. Delta College students may also create a customized academic major through the Contractual Liberal Arts Major (CLAM) program. Delta College’s integrated curriculum makes multiple majors and/or minors a more attainable objective for many Delta students.